Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the core components of your digital strategy, and while other elements and strategies can wait, SEO should start immediately after the launch of the website. Obviously, the first step is to find an agency that can handle your requirements.
Below we have discussed some of the critical aspects that matter while working with a SEO firm.
- Take feedback on your website. Before you hire a Manchester SEO agency, you need to know if they are good at identifying issues with websites. Seek feedback on your website, things that must be changed, and if they have ideas to make the portal more SEO-friendly. Many firms also offer web design services, so if you are in need of website revamp, you can strike a deal.
- Do a background check. Any company can claim to be great in SEO and online marketing, but unless you have reviewed their work, it is hard to take a call. Check their recent projects and ask for references. You may also want to get a few case studies. Experience and expertise in SEO are two indispensable aspects to consider.
- Ask about their strategy. Don’t be surprised, but many companies actually use black-hat SEO strategies to show their rankings. Take your call after you have accessed their approach and strategy in detail. Professional agencies never shy away from discussing their work methods and plans.
- Insist on reports. As a client, you won’t have the time or energy to review your website every single day. SEO companies usually offer reports for projects on a weekly, biweekly and monthly basis, and that can be very handy in understanding the results. You can have a better idea of traffic changes and other relevant factors.
- Don’t rush. SEO is no magic, and that’s something website owners should understand. Often, it takes weeks to see a considerable difference in website exposure and traffic. As such, stay away from services that promise to change things for your brand in a week or so. False claims don’t really work in digital marketing.
Finally, check if the agency can also handle inbound marketing, PPC and other elements of digital marketing, such as social media marketing. Getting a comprehensive package is a good idea, especially if you are low on budget or don’t want to hire two different agencies for the same website. Not to forget, get an estimate in advance.